EASEUS Partition Master Review

Hi, it's time for another round of software reviews.

This weekend I got to work with EASEUS Partition Master. Remember I bricked my Windows box and installed Linux? I wanted to make it as a dual-bootable box with Win7 and Linux but had no such luck. The way I partitioned my hard-drive didn't allow me to.

So I had to choose only one of the two, and seeing as how I can't make game reviews with the Linux setup, not that I have anything against Wine—it's just too much of a hassle, I went with Windows.

So I had around 30+GiB stuck in the hard drive as useless space since it was formatted to ext4 file system. What I wanted to do was reclaim all that space and use it as part of my already existing Windows partition.

There was just one problem: that portion of useless space was at the start of the hard drive! The only way I could get it to work was if I were to move the primary partition back to the beginning of the drive and THEN extend it. If this happened around more or less 10 years ago, it just couldn't be done!

Good thing for EASEUS though. It's really easy. All I had to do was delete the unnecessary partitions, move the primary partition space to the beginning of the hard drive, extend the primary partition so it takes up the unallocated space, apply, restart and voila! Granted I took a really long nap; but by the time that I did wake up, it was just like I rebooted my laptop to the way it was before the entire hullabaloo.

On a scale of 1~5, 5 being the highest, I would give this nifty little piece of software 5/5. Recommended for all power users with partitioning needs.

Did I mention that it was free?

 

0 Responses to EASEUS Partition Master Review