The Value of Each Other’s Company

There is a friend that I've been missing a lot for a good couple of months, and when we do finally meet again, circumstances have led me to shorten my stay in their longed presence. When I do attempt to come back that friend is nowhere to be seen.

It never ceases to amaze me that there are times when I'm in a group of friends, it still feels quite lonely when just one person is missing. I believe it just means that person is close to my heart; though, it never really mattered why or how such a person would get close to my heart. Sometimes just their mere presence brings so much light into the surrounding environment that we never really appreciate it until it's gone.

Thus, there lies the rub.

We don't usually appreciate people's impact on our lives until they have left for circumstances beyond our control; but then again, how would we show our appreciation if not to cherish the time that we share with others? I guess we all need to be wary of the connections we make with other people; because when we enter their lives, they are going to search for us in vain. Sometimes we do go back; but our stay in each other's company is less often than always, short-lived.

I've been recently racing against time since my days as a person with relatively unrestricted freedom are numbered and I have to experience a 240-hour on-the-job summer training, alone. Friends are but hard to access except through SMS and email and that's just about it. I'm thinking this since I'm going to be "working" eighty miles outside the city and I never really gave much thought to the being alone part in the corporate world.

The very thought makes me cringe.

I guess sometimes we really need to let everything be; otherwise, I'd be clinging to everything and not letting go—which would lead me where? It would lead me nowhere. Such things are futile, and of the immature and selfish kind.

Relativism is of no use here.

 

0 Responses to The Value of Each Other’s Company